Covid-19 City Prayers
PRAYING FOR QUEBEC DURING THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
- Worship and praise God that he is in control and that he is an ever-present help in times of trouble.
- Stand in faith against the schemes of the enemy to steal, kill and destroy through this pandemic, praying that only God’s purposes could prevail.
- Pray against fear and panic, but that instead, the body of believers would lift their eyes to Christ in faith, believing that he can and will accomplish great things for his Kingdom.
- Pray that many prodigals would come home.
- Pray that many would turn to Jesus Christ, coming to a saving knowledge of Him across allregions of Quebec.
- Pray for the spiritual and physical healing of many.
VULNERABLE OF QUEBEC
- Pray for the vulnerable in our society and those who are helping to serve them – especially the elderly, the homeless and others.
- Praise God for the more than 40,000 volunteers and 2,000 doctors who want to help in crisis situations. Pray for their safety and health (Site:https://jecontribuecovid19.gouv.qc.ca/ Inscription.aspx).
- Pray for Indigenous communities of Quebec during this pandemic.
- Pray for families – especially in cases of neglect and abuse. Pray for the protection of childrenand women. Pray for those who intervene in these situations.
- Pray for those with mental health problems – that they would find people to help them and support them through this time. Pray against a wave of addictive behaviours starting or becoming worse during this time of isolation.
- Pray for all those who intervene in situations such as these – police, social workers, mental health experts, etc to have wisdom and solutions to practically help people.
- Pray that communities would rise up to care for one another; pray that people would have practical ideas of how to do this even during this confinement. Pray for a spirit of generosity in time, money and goods to help one another. Pray that neighbourhoods and communities would grow together and grow stronger because of the challenges we are facing together.
- Pray for those seeking new lodging for July 1st.
- Pray for families at home helping their children in their schoolwork that they might preserve the knowledge they have acquired. Pray for teachers who teach at a distance or prepare materials every week. Pray for emergency childcare staff to find creative ways to entertain and educate isolated children. Pray for the Ministry of Education, school boards, school principals and support staff that they will be guided by God in their decisions and protected in their health.
- Pray for people providing essential services – food and grocery workers, farmers, delivery people, pharmacies, public transportation drivers, Canada post workers and many others – that are helping to keep us supplied with essential goods and services. Pray for their protection and blessing.
- Pray that churches would shine brightly in this time of darkness; that the people of God would speak hope and faith into this situation.
- Pray that each local church would know how they are to respond to the needs of their immediate community (within or outside of the church). Pray that churches would know how to creatively respond to the many needs that they are presented with.
- Pray that God would provide for all the needs of churches for the work that he has called them to do.
- Pray for a spirit of generosity to prevail among the churches of Quebec – that we would go beyond just “caring for our own” and know how to respond to the needs that God brings to our attention – financially or otherwise.
- Pray for workers who may find themselves in financial need or unemployed. They are already working with immense faith. Pray that God will continue to sustain their courageous faith and meet them in their insecurities about the support of their own people and by providing through a spirit of unprecedented generosity.
HEALTH CARE SECTOR
- Pray for the protection and health of our doctors, nurses, EMT’s, pharmacists and other specialists in health; pray that they would get adequate rest during this crisis.
- Pray for those responsible for managing health care facilities, including nursing homes to make wise decisions and to know how to respond day by day to this crisis in managing demand.
- Pray for all those who help keep these institutions functioning from cleaning personnel, to those in the kitchens, etc..
- Pray for scientists and researchers who are working to develop medication and a vaccine to combat this virus to be divinely led and to also be protected in their work.
GOVERNMENT AND THOSE IN AUTHORITY
- Pray for our federal, provincial and municipal governments, for godly counsel and wisdom in making decisions in regard to the pandemic and the economy
- Pray for our Chief Medical Officers – provincial and federal (Drs Horacio Arruda and Theresa Tam).