Executive Director − Christian Direction
Christian Direction (CDI) is a dynamic urban mission that began at Expo ‘67 in Montreal. Our vision is to see God transform urban communities by the concerted actions of committed Christians. Moved by the love of Jesus Christ and his desire to reconcile the world to himself, we pursue our mission to transform individuals, families, and their communities in Quebec and the French-speaking world. Our confession of faith is based on the Nicene Creed.
We pursue community development in the Greater Montreal area, working alongside churches and community organizations offering practical help and contextualized strategies.
We also give witness to Jesus Christ and his teachings, in word and action, in the business community as with the more vulnerable, such as single mothers and the new immigrants, without any form of social, ethnic, or religious discrimination.
Finally, we equip and mobilize Church leaders and other lay Christians so that they would also engage with the Quebec culture to pursue the peace and well-being in their respective contexts.
Summary description of the position
The Executive Director answers to the Board. The person oversees the development and the implementation of strategic plans and yearly business plans in line with the mission, the vision, and the values of CDI.
Given the planned transition of the current Executive Director, who has directed Christian Direction for the past 35 years, we are looking for someone whose vision and leadership will further the mission of CDI for the next decade and beyond. The person will be responsible for a team of 16 people as well as an annual budget of 1.5 million dollars, derived mainly from donations of individuals and foundations. Furthermore, this individual will work alongside 27 key networks and partners in mission, involved with us in community, school, religious, and government settings.
- Articulate clearly the mission of CDI inside and outside the organization with a view to maintain and grow our donor base and meeting our strategic goals.
- Oversee the allocation of our resources: human, material, digital and financial, in accordance with our orientation, policies and established practices.
- Strengthen the culture of the organization, train and hold each centre accountable for the fulfillment of their respective goals.
- Stay well informed of the new innovations within the Christian community and in the non-religious world in Québec, Canada and in other countries, and if need be, recommend new ways of doing things.
- Adapt continually our ways and services to respond optimally to the needs of our partners and networks’ missions objectives.
- Join committees or create new coalitions if need be, inviting our partners to come along, so that we may respond better to new challenges and current events in our society that could impact our mission.
- As the head of CDI, he or she must be fluent in French and English.
- Diploma in graduate studies, or the equivalent, in a field connected to our mission (Theology, Missiology, Marketing or Business).
- Be a visionary with at least five (5) years experience in a leader role.
- Live a life led by the Spirit of God.
- Excellent in oral and written skills.
- Strong gifts in interpersonal relations and proven abilities in raising funds.
- Leadership style that seeks results and excellence in serving donors and partners.
- Strategic abilities that have been tested in church or non-profit corporations.
Montreal, Quebec. The Executive Director has to travel within the province and the country and a few times per year outside Canada. Work schedule varies from days to evenings and weekends at times.
- According to experience, full-time permanent position.
- All interested candidates should send their C.V. no later than March 30, 2018, to:
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by mail: Transition at Christian Direction, 1450 City Councillors St., Suite 520, Montreal, QC H3A 2E6
We will respond only to the candidates who are chosen for an interview.